CODE OF PRACTICE FOR HANDLING COMPLAINTS
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients make a complaint, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
COMPLAINTS MADE TO THE PRACTICE
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaints about the service is Dr J Sanghera.
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Dr J Sanghera. If Dr J Sanghera is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
3. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Dr J Sanghera.
4. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint and a copy of this Code of Practice within three working days. You will be invited to discuss your concerns, we will seek to investigate the complaint within the agreed response period of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within this agreed time period we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
5. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
6. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If you do not wish to complain directly to the Practice you can address your complaint directly to:
Arden, Herefordshire & Worcestershire Health Board (for NHS Treatment)
Ground Floor West Wing
The Dental Complaints Service (for Private Treatment)
The Lansdowne Building
2 Lansdowne Road
Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
0345 015 4033
Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne